For some reason, men don't struggle with this as much a women do, but this is important. WE CAN'T MESS THIS UP ANYMORE LADIES! We can't create girly men! Men are very different from women and if we write stories about men who act like women we'll get some very nasty accusations from our Christian audience. Ah well. I suppose I need to tell you what - exactly - you, my lady friends, are doing wrong.
- can separate feelings from what they need to do
- tend to notice action rather than color (meaning they probably don't care about how the frilly dress your heroine is wearing flatters her eyes)
- tend to dislike dependency. (money, skills)
- tend to be blunt
- have feelings about everything they endeavor
- notice color over action
- have a tendency not to have qualms about dependency
- will disguise their true feelings
ANYWAYS. Girls, we need to start telling our stories straight. We need to write about real men.